Sunday, April 4, 2010

All Things New

Happy Easter!  I couldn't have planned a better day to write my first blog entry on McMahonhood.  If you're a Christian, this is the most celebrated day of the year, and it could not be more beautiful from where I sit and write.  I even caught the sunrise around 7:15 this morning from my porch.  I don't know why it is different for me (in a good way) this year, other than that I believe God can make any and every day new and special.  This is without a doubt a special day.  Our church service was filled with songs that felt like anthems and we sung them out, especially the Resurrection Hymn (and I'm not usually overwhelmed by "hymns").  Man, it can be really powerful if you allow it to be.  Darren brought a great Easter message, too.
Certainly a lot of my excitement is about meeting my little girl in about a month.  I totally remember the awe of Isaac's birth (I'm not sure it ever left) and I know it's going to be just as incredible the second time around.  So I/we wait patiently, but with much anticipation for baby Ella.
I'm also jacked up about baseball starting up.  Easter and baseball and a new baby - Spring has finally sprung for me.  And I'm looking forward to and expecting a big year from Albert and the Cardinals.  No one saw them coming when they got healthy late in 2006 just in time to put a beat down on the Tigers in the World Series, and this year they have a killer roster.  It's really theirs to lose.  So I'm excited to sit in my chair and watch some baseball with the fam... well... I know I can at least make Ella sit with me when she gets here.  And I will give Rebecca some props - she's has become a Cardinals fan over the years and actually watched EVERY game of the 2006 playoffs (that was like 14 games!).  That's my girl.
Anyway, take a deep breath yourself... God is good.  Easter's for real.  All things are being made new.

Happy Easter!

Today's Good Read: Revelation 21:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited. Your [clean] comments are welcome!